2014년 1월 9일 목요일

About 'rebuilt engines'-Jasper Engines Prices?







Go to last comment about ' rebuilt engines?' Thank for commenting and keep visiting..... Very interesting... Thank for commenting and keep visiting..... I think this is an excellent Article... Thanks so much for your wonderful and intelligent views on it...



About 'rebuilt engines'-Jasper Engines Prices?








Home               Improvement               Gone               Bad               (DIY               Disaster)
When               I               bought               my               1979               Dodge               St.

Regis               it               was               in               mint               condition               as               a               one               owner               automobile.

There               had               only               been               5000               of               them               in               production.

It               was               a               4               door               battle               wagon               designed               to               last.

With               the               318               V8               engine               and               Rochester               quadrajet               carburetor,               I               could               not               loose.

As               I               dialed               and               primped               to               customize               this               machine               to               my               fancy,               it               never               disappointed               me.

During               the               course               of               things               I               had               to               replace               the               water               pump.

Very               simple               operation.

I               have               done               it               many               times               without               incident               on               other               vehicles.
It               is               my               practice               in               automobile               repair               to               start               with               the               most               difficult               bolts               first               and               work               my               way               through               to               the               easier               ones.

For               reasons               unknown               to               myself,               I               started               with               the               top               bolt.

It               is               the               easiest               to               get               to.

When               I               put               a               little               bit               of               torque               on               it               to               break               it               loose,               it               gave               that               sickening               click               and               then               turned               freely.

Through               experience               with               my               limited               mechanical               abilities,               I               knew               that               I               had               broke               the               bolt               off               in               the               block.

I               do               not               have               the               drill               and               tap               to               extract               this               bolt               out               of               my               engine               block.

So               I               take               it               to               a               friend               who               owns               a               mechanic               shop,               and               whose               mother               had               sold               me               the               car.

He               says               it               will               be               no               problem               to               extract               the               bolt               and               install               the               new               lifetime               warranty               water               pump               I               had               purchased.
I               arrived               several               days               later               to               pick               up               my               car.

The               work               had               been               done,               and               all               was               well.

There               was               only               the               matter               of               the               bill;               which               was               $250.00               dollars.

Not               so               bad               for               a               greenhand               screw               up               huh?

Well,               there's               more.
I               felt               compelled               to               take               my               car               with               my               new               water               pump               to               Jiffy               Lube               and               get               her               oil               changed.

My               how               I               loved               the               way               that               engine               purred               like               a               kitten.

I               got               my               oil               changed,               and               the               fella               came               to               me               and               said;               "Mr.

Cloud,               do               you               realize               that               you               have               water               in               your               oil?"               To               which               I               kindly               responded;               "Why               no               Sir,               I               did               not               know               that."               I               was               flummoxed.

I               returned               to               my               house               to               try               to               decipher               what               mechanical               malfunction               could               cause               this.

I               readily               decided               to               take               the               car               back               to               my               friend               to               see               just               what               had               happened.

He               assured               me               that               it               was               a               problem               with               the               head               gaskets.

With               my               limited               knowledge               of               auto               mechanics,               this               made               sense.

So               I               left               the               car               there               for               him               to               fix.
When               I               returned               to               pick               up               the               car               and               resolve               the               bill,               it               amounted               to               $650.00               dollars.

Now               keep               in               mind               that               I               had               only               paid               $750.00               dollars               for               this               car.

So               I               took               my               medicine               and               chalked               it               up               to               being               part               of               an               investment,               a               necessary               investment.

With               my               new               head               gaskets               and               new               water               pump               I               headed               back               to               Jiffy               Lube               to               get               some               fresh               oil               as               the               $650.00               dollar               gasket               job               did               not               come               with               an               oil               change.

I               told               that               kind               man               that               I               knew               there               was               water               in               my               oil               this               time               and               that               I               had               fixed               the               problem.

When               I               got               home               I               checked               the               oil               just               to               make               sure.

I               felt               that               sick               feeling               in               the               pit               of               my               stomach               when               I               saw               the               milky               substance               on               my               dipstick.

With               the               job               I               had               at               the               time,               I               could               not               afford               to               allow               my               car               to               be               in               hock               in               the               mechanic               shop               anymore.

I               had               to               have               it               to               drive               to               work.
I               drove               that               car               for               months               by               replacing               the               oil               on               a               regular               basis.

But               it               took               its               toll               eventually.

It               developed               a               knock               so               bad               that               I               could               not               set               my               coffee               cup               on               the               dash               without               it               vibrating               off.

I               had               resigned               myself               to               dropping               a               new               engine               in               it.

I               wanted               to               have               a               friend               rebuild               one               for               it.

I               went               to               the               junk               yard               and               they               had               one               just               for               me.

They               even               drove               the               car               around               to               the               front               for               me               to               hear               it               run.

I               was               ready!

I               told               them               I               want               that               engine,               and               I               paid               $450.00               dollars               cash               for               it.

That               included               delivery.

I               thought               I               had               really               got               over               on               this               one.

When               the               engine               was               delivered               to               my               friends               shop               (Not               the               friend               who               had               the               mechanic               shop),               it               looked               nothing               at               all               like               the               engine               I               had               seen               run               in               that               car.

Well               silly               me,               I               did               not               mark               the               engine               with               a               center               punch               or               anything.
My               friend               came               with               me               to               get               my               car.

I               had               him               follow               me               because               this               thing               was               knocking               so               hard               it               seemed               it               would               throw               a               rod               through               the               hood               at               any               moment.

When               we               got               to               his               garage               and               I               parked               it,               I               turned               off               the               engine.

He               asked               me               to               crank               it               up               and               move               it               over               to               the               side               just               a               little               bit.

When               I               hit               the               starter               all               I               got               was               CLICK               CLICK.

It               was               done.
When               we               pulled               that               engine,               the               crankshaft               could               be               worked               up               and               down               vertically               over               ¼               inch.

The               first               thing               I               wanted               to               do               was               to               get               that               new               water               pump               off               of               there               so               I               could               put               it               on               my               rebuild.

When               we               removed               the               pump               we               noticed               some               compound               known               as               "Red               Hand"               in               the               bolt               hole               that               had               to               be               extracted.

Upon               further               inspection               we               learned               that               when               the               bolt               was               drilled               and               extracted,               they               had               drilled               into               the               block.

I               brought               the               engine               to               my               so               called               friend               and               the               tailgate               of               a               truck.

He               denied               any               wrongdoing               and               said               that               I               could               not               prove               the               damage               was               his               fault.

And               outside               of               getting               an               expensive               lawyer               to               litigate               the               matter,               he               was               right.

So               after               rolling               the               ruined               engine               block               off               of               the               tailgate               into               his               parking               lot,               I               went               to               finish               the               job               at               hand.
We               rebuilt               that               engine               from               the               ground               up.

When               we               pulled               it               apart               we               discovered               that               it               had               solid               lifters               and               solid               push               rods.

The               engine               was               to               have               come               out               of               an               83               model               automobile.

Solid               lifters               and               push               rods               do               not               come               standards               with               much               of               anything               after               1965.

I               went               back               with               the               originals               as               they               were               in               excellent               condition.

In               thinking               they               had               got               over               on               me,               the               junk               yard               had               actually               given               me               one               of               the               best               year               model               engines               for               the               Dodge               318.

In               having               the               heads               worked               over,               we               discovered               that               it               was               in               fact               a               1965               model               engine.

I               went               from               the               front               transmission               seal               to               the               radiator               with               new               parts.

We               had               the               block               steam               cleaned               with               a               powerful               shotgun               pressure               washer               that               used               almost               ten               thousand               pounds               of               pressure.

When               we               got               it               back               together               and               the               carb               rebuilt               and               dialed               in,               it               would               scream               like               a               banshee!
As               this               was               not               my               primary               vehicle,               I               left               it               when               I               went               to               work               out               of               town.

My               Step               Dad               was               in               failing               health               and               his               car               had               went               down               on               him.

He               was               on               a               fixed               income               and               could               not               afford               to               purchase               another               vehicle.

He               was               family,               so               I               was               obligated               to               make               sure               he               was               taken               care               of.

I               ended               up               having               to               sell               him               my               car               for               $500.00               dollars.
The               new               engine               had               barely               900               break               in               miles               on               it.

He               told               me               how               sweet               it               was               and               how               it               cranked               with               a               bump               of               the               starter.

He               was               amazed               with               the               gas               mileage               as               it               used               so               little               gas.

All               was               well               if               you               were               on               his               end.

Then               suddenly               without               any               warning               I               get               a               call               in               the               middle               of               the               night.

My               Step               Dad               had               been               in               an               awful               accident.

Thank               goodness               he               was               okay.

However               the               car               had               been               totaled.

It               was               T-boned               from               the               passenger               side               just               past               the               rear               door.

They               had               no               way               to               deal               with               a               wrecked               automobile               in               their               yard.

So               it               had               to               go               to               a               wrecking               yard.

The               same               wrecking               yard               I               had               bought               the               worthless               engine               from               less               than               a               year               earlier.

They               got               it               back               totally               rebuilt.

This               all               started               with               me               trying               to               replace               my               own               water               pump.





Image of rebuilt engines






rebuilt engines
rebuilt engines


rebuilt engines Image 1


rebuilt engines
rebuilt engines


rebuilt engines Image 2


rebuilt engines
rebuilt engines


rebuilt engines Image 3


rebuilt engines
rebuilt engines


rebuilt engines Image 4


rebuilt engines
rebuilt engines


rebuilt engines Image 5


  • Related blog with rebuilt engines








  • Related Video with rebuilt engines







    rebuilt engines Video 1








    rebuilt engines Video 2








    rebuilt engines Video 3




    rebuilt engines































    0 개의 댓글:

    댓글 쓰기